Support for Boarders
We want the young people in our care to develop the self-confidence to strive for excellence in all aspects of their lives and to realise their dreams and aspirations in a dynamic, safe and supportive environment.
A Warm Welcome from the Headmaster
Throughout your boarding years you will receive help and encouragement from many people. In your early months, make the most of the support provided by your Head of House and other boarding staff as well as the senior students in your house. They will be keen to help you settle in. By coming to board at Grammar you are making a large commitment to your future. We will do everything possible to help you make sure that this commitment is rewarded.
We work closely with our boarding families to bring out the best in each child.
We’re here to help you make the transition from home to boarding with a minimum of fuss.
- Our Heads of House live on campus with their own families as part of the boarding community, giving boarders immediate access to support 24/7
- Boarders receive academic support and tutoring in the boarding houses as part of formal study time in the evenings
- Most of the staff working in the boarding houses are teachers at the school
- Boarders have easy access to our a full range of health and counselling services on campus: School Chaplain, the School Health Centre, the Head of Wellbeing and the School Psychologist.
Parents and Families
- Many of our parents enjoy participating in the Boarders’ Parents’ Network
- An apartment is available for use by Grammar families visiting for a short stay
The Headmaster and Senior Staff regularly visit Field Days and country areas to meet informally with parents. We also warmly encourage you to visit the School and see for yourself what’s special about Grammar. Find out about our Tours and Open Days.
We welcome your boarding enrolment enquiry. Please contact our Admissions Office by phone on +61 3 5338 0830 or by email.