Child Safety Standards
Student Protection at Ballarat Grammar
Ballarat Grammar is committed to zero tolerance of child abuse. All staff and members of our community have a duty of care to protect the safety, health and wellbeing of children in their care. As a school with a diverse population, this includes students with a disability, aboriginal and torres strait islander children and children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We do this by:
- Adhering to Ballarat Grammar’s Protection policies at all times and upholding Ballarat Grammar’s statement of commitment to Child Safety.
- Following the correct procedures when reporting any child safety concerns and allegations of child abuse.
- Ensuring that child protection is a shared responsibility between all employees, contractors, associates and members of the Ballarat Grammar community.
- Having a commitment to promoting the cultural safety, participation and empowerment of all students, including those from diverse backgrounds.
- Having a commitment to providing a safe environment for all children.
- Having a commitment to Child Safe recruitment practices. All teaching staff who are employed at Ballarat Grammar must have current Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) Teacher Registration (including a National Criminal History Record Check) or VIT Permission to Teach Registration. All other general staff and volunteers are required to have a Working with Children check and a recent Police check.