Employment at Grammar
We warmly welcome interest and applications from experienced teachers and new graduates of the highest calibre to join our professional and dedicated team.
No job positions currently available.
How to apply
Please include your letter of application, curriculum vitae and three confidential referees.
- We prefer online applications
- Ballarat Grammar is an equal opportunity employer
- We comply fully with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988
- If you have any questions about your application please contact our Human Resources Office on +61 3 5338 0700 or by emailing email@example.com
Responsibilities of our teaching staff
In addition to classroom teaching responsibilities and rostered supervisory duties, all teachers are expected to support the philosophy and values of the School and to contribute to our broader programs.
- Wellbeing Program – Junior School teachers have specific responsibility for the students in their classes, Senior School teachers have specific responsibility for a Mentor Group (Years 8 to 12) or a Homeroom Group (Year 7)
- Round Square Program
- Co-Curriculum Program
- School Events – as relevant, including some on weekends and evenings
Part-time teachers are expected to contribute on a time pro-rata basis
Life in Ballarat
Ballarat is a great city in which to live and work. Attracted by our enviable lifestyle, more and more people are moving here and our population is projected to increase 30% by 2040.
- Just over an hour from Melbourne by train or car
- Easy access to Tullamarine Airport
- Less than 90 minutes drive to the coast
- World-class health services
- Fantastic sporting and community clubs
- An emerging arts culture
- A vibrant café and restaurant scene
- Affordable housing
- Affordable world-class education – Ballarat Grammar welcomes children of staff and ongoing staff are eligible for a staff rebate on fees
To learn more about life in our great city we encourage you to view the Visit Ballarat website.