The Rintel Sports Precinct
A new state-of-the-art Rintel Sports Centre will be at the heart of our school-wide commitment to health and well-being for students, staff, and our community.
The Rintel Sports Precinct will be a pivotal piece of infrastructure that will substantially improve the various ways in which our students can train and perform to a very high standard across a range of disciplines, including basketball, netball, volleyball, strength and conditioning, and understand the importance of sports science and recovery.
At Ballarat Grammar, it is our belief that we must work hard to provide every opportunity for our students to thrive and be engaged in their world. As a part of this process, we have an obligation to nurture our students both physically and emotionally.
This transformational project will give all our students incredible opportunities to learn more of the fundamental benefits of physical activity and its broader impact on their social, intellectual and emotional well-being
Dean Rossato, Director of Sport
- To complement the recently expanded and enhanced outdoor sporting facilities, we will be adding to the existing gymnasium with an additional two indoor mixed-use courts for basketball, netball, volleyball, and badminton with retractable show court seating for up to 1200 spectators.
Additional Teaching and Learning Spaces
- With considerable growth in regional Victoria, enrolments have grown by approximately 30% in the past ten years.
- Due to this growth, we need additional spaces to accommodate up to nine health and PE classes at any given time.
- The inclusion of seven flexible teaching and learning spaces will allow theory-based learning to occur within the new facility.
Strength Training Spaces
- State-of-the-art weights, spin lab, conditioning, and cardio facilities.
Modern Change Rooms
- Gender-appropriate change rooms and facilities for our students, visiting teams, and community groups.
A new function space
- A flexible multi-purpose function space for up to 350 people.
- This space will also be used for group classes, presentations, and exams.