Community Health and Wellbeing
Looking after yourself and your family
We understand this is a difficult time for many in our community, our village, and we hope the following health and wellbeing resources help guide you through this challenging period.
- Home-based Body Weight Circuit – requires minimal to no equipment
- Physical Activities for the whole family
- The Australian Psychological Society has some great information sheets on coping with the anxiety generated by COVID-19
- We recommend the Beyond Blue website, which has excellent resources on looking after yourself during the COVID-19 outbreak as well as a comprehensive list of options for support including a chat function, lists of national helplines and assistance to find a health professional.
- A one-pager from our Director of Care, Dr Meredith Rayner, about helping others and yourself
- Simple 3.5 minute animation on ways to manage the worrying thoughts and difficult emotions and how to find your resilience and hope
Looking after your family
- For parents, the Raising Children Network has lots of reliable resources to help parents of kids of all ages https://raisingchildren.net.au/.
- This resource is a good start, it pulls together information on useful topics relevant to COVID-19 and kids including eating, routines, screen time, staying active, keeping kids entertained and more.
- Here’s the landing page for a series of parenting articles about COVID-19
Having fun together
- Some wonderful suggestions for Indoor and Outdoor play with younger (and older!) children from the Centre for Early Education
I want information to read
- Beyond Blue – General advice on mental health, including coping during Coronavirus
- Raising Children’s Network – Advice on a range or parenting issues, including coping during Coronavirus
I need someone to talk to
- Beyond Blue Support Service – Chat service at www.beyondblue.org.au or phone 1300 22 4636
- Kids Helpline – Children and Teens Chat www.kidshelpline.com.au or phone 1800 55 1800
- Headspace – Young people aged 12- 25 – https://headspace.org.au/eheadspace/
I’m in crisis
- Lifeline – www.lifeline.org.au OR 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467